Monday, August 2, 2010

Lessons From The New Apple I Phone - Marketing Life Changes and NOT the Product will Win Your Clients Over

When you are selling your products or services on or offline - the important thing to remember is this...

People couldn't care less about your product. period.

The point to that statement is simple - people in the market for your product or service care more about what they will DO with your product...how it will enrich their lives, than the actual product itself.

Think about it - how many products have you purchased based on the fact that you would be:

A. More attractive to the opposite sex
B. Look younger, more supple and appealing to the opposite sex
C. Look younger, more energetic, and yes...appealing to the opposite sex

We all categorize the things that we want into two basic categories -

Wants and Needs

Let me ask you a question...When was the last time that you put off making a purchase of an item that initially started out in the want category - but later purchased much sooner, because you were able to justify to yourself that it wasn't just a want, but a need?

Did that purchase flip from the want category to "Gosh I need this" based on a strategic ad campaign that showed you all the "practical" things that you could do with that wanted item, until,
By George, you "needed" it?

Here an example of what happened to me recently;

Have you seen the new FaceTalk I Phone Ad Campaign? If not - watch it here:




O.k...so you know what happened, right??

Yep, I bought the phone. For months I had justified that I didn't need the phone, I had a perfectly good phone blah blah blah, but after seeing the commercial, I found perfectly good reasons for why I needed the new Apple I phone with FaceTalk.

Long story short, Take a lesson from Apple. If you want your customers to buy, tap into the life changes that will make your product seem like perfect timing. If you follow this simple concept, you will watch your sales soar.

Now, I'm off to play with my newly aquired Apple I Phone...Don't you love technology?

Have a blessed week...

A

No comments: